Clams sautéed in a natural, rich and velvety tamarind sauce with roasted garlic.
- 2 tbsp Angkor Tamarind Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ bulb garlic minced
- 1 pound Manila clams
- 1 cup Thai basil about 3 stems
- 1 Fresno chili deseeded and julienned
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- Saute garlic in hot oil on medium heat. Stir clams in the saute garlic until clams evenly coated with garlic. Cover for about a minute, until clams start to open up. Pour in tamarind sauce and stir. Cover and cook about 2 minutes until clams open up.
- Save some chili and basil for garnish. Stir in the remaining chili. Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining basil.
Serve as appetizer with lemon wedges and a cup of steam brown rice, garnished with parsley tips and chili flakes.