Cambodian grilled corn (Poat Ang)
You won’t find this must have street food in mainstream restaurants … at least not yet. Perfect for celebrating summer and backyard grilling, you might call it Cambodian Elote!
- Prepare the Corn – Remove husks and silk, but keep the stem.
- Prepare the Sauce – In a saucepan mix ¼ cup of coconut cream with cornstarch, until it is smooth and uniform. Heat over low heat, add the remaining ingredients except the green onions. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved, turn off heat and stir in green onion. Reserve half of the sauce for serving.
- Grilling the Corn – Preheat grill to 450ºF. Lightly coat each corn with coconut sauce. Place the corn on the grill and cover. Brush corn with coconut sauce and turn every 5 minutes until cooked or when the kernels become brown.
- Serving – Pour more sauce on each corn and garnish with fresh cracked white Kampot Pepper before serving.
- Substitute Thnot Sugar with granulated sugar
- Substitute fish sauce with a pinch of salt