Pan Fried Pearl Noodles
Pearl (pin) noodle stir-frys are a great Cambodian comfort food and are also common among street food vendors.
Servings: 4 people
- A large wok, or make this recipe into two batches so that there will be plenty of room to toss the noodles.
- Warm Noodles – Pearl noodles can be found in the refrigerated section of Asian markets. They need to be softened before pan fried. Remove the noodles from the plastic bag and warm in a microwave for 2 minutes.
- Prepare Green Onion tops – Split stem into half, cut to 2" lengths. Separate stems and the green leaves.
- Cook two Eggs – On high heat place oil in a wok until the oil is hot. Crack eggs onto the hot oil and break it into bite size pieces. Continue cooking until eggs brown on edges.
- Cook Noodles – Add noodles and green onion stems, stir until eggs and noodles mix well. Add soy sauce and fish sauce. Continue cooking until eggs and noodles are coated with sauces, and noodles becoming soft.
- Add Vegetable – Add bean sprouts and green onion leaves, mix well and turn off the heat
Serve with Chrouk Metae (Cambodian hot sauce)