April 4, 2020
Spicy Macaroni & Cheese
A classic baked macaroni and cheese with a golden crust and just a bit of spice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes minutes
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: Cambodian Fusion
Keyword: Cheese Spread, macaroni
- 1/2 pound macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Angkor Chrouk Metae
- 1/2 pound cheese combination of sharp cheddar and fontina
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to instructions in salted water, but undercook so it is not quite al dente and drain.
- Combine milk and cornstarch in pot; whisk until smooth and heat until it boils and thickens.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the drained macaroni stir to combine then add the Chrouk Metae and grated cheese. Stir until combined then transfer mixture to a greased casserole dish and top with Panko.
- Bake until crust is golden about 25 minutes, let cool slightly before serving.
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 766IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 572mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @AngkorFood or tag #angkorfood, thank you!
Filed Under: Cambodian Fusion, Recipe, Side Dish
Tags: chroukmetae, kidfriendly
1 thought on “Spicy Macaroni & Cheese”
You must be logged in to post a comment.