Grilled Lemongrass Chicken
The go-to dish for those who love lemongrass. This flavorful chicken is wonderful with fresh chilled pickled veggies and steamed rice. Simple and delicious, perfect for summer time outdoor grilling or warming up your kitchen with winter time broiling.
- 3.5 ounces Angkor Lemongrass Paste
- 2 tsp, or 3 double-leaves fresh makrut lime* minced
- 1 T cooking oil
- 1 T oyster sauce or soy sauce
- 2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a medium bowl, mix lemongrass paste, kaffir lime leaves, oil, and oyster sauce. Rub mixture onto chicken, let marinate for at least 2 hours. It can be grilled, or pan-fried until the meat is at least 165ºF.
Serve with steamed rice and Freshly Pickled Vegetables, or green salad Variations: Baby back ribs, Fish * Substitute with 1 teaspoon of dried makrut lime flakes
Tried this recipe?Mention @AngkorFood or tag #angkorfood, thank you!
3 thoughts on “Grilled Lemongrass Chicken”
your recipe calls for 3.5 ounces of lemon grass paste. there is only 3.5 ounces in each jar? that’s the whole jar?
Yes, the whole jar marinates 2.5 pounds of meat. If you want a stronger lemongrass flavor, you can reduce the meat.
You must be logged in to post a comment.