Angkor Thnot Banana Bread
The rich caramel flavor from wild palm sugar will make your next batch of banana bread disappear more quickly than usual!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 2-3 very ripe bananas peeled, 1¼ to 1½ cups mashed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup Angkor Thnot sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup nuts chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and butter an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl until completely smooth.
Add remaining ingredients
- Stir in melted butter
- Mix in baking soda and salt.
- Stir in sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and any of the optional ingredients
- Pour batter into buttered loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes at 350°F, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes. Then remove bread from pan and let cool completely before serving.
Slice and serve
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg