Grilled Eggplant Salad
A terrific savory appetizer or serve with feta for a light lunch. Serve at room temperature or cold.
- 1 each medium eggplant cut in half lengthwise
- 1 each tomato diced and drained
- 1 each green onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Angkor Tuk Meric
- 1 Tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Grill or broil the eggplant skin side up for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until beginning to brown in spots.
- Transfer to a colander and let drain. When cool enough to handle, peel and roughly chop the eggplant.
- Combine the tomato, eggplant and green onion in a bowl, add the Tuk Meric and stir. Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg
Serve with crackers or pita bread.