Cambodian Food In The News
It is exciting to see the words, “Cambodian Food” on a major news network like CNN, 30 Cambodian foods every visitor needs to try. We are delighted to see that one-third of these dishes were made with lemongrass paste (Kroeung), which is one of our products that won the sofi™ award.
Angkor Food is the first Cambodian food manufacturing company in the USA. Our goal is to bring the taste of Cambodia to American palates by providing quality ingredients, spices and easy to follow recipes for authentic and fusion Cambodian flavor.
We have recently launched Angkor Chef where our founder and Chef, Channy Laux, shares her recipes. Channy also shares stories behind each dish, ranging from unique aspects of Cambodian food culture to her own recipe-influencing moments of childhood in Cambodia and immigration to the US.
We are proud to celebrate our ninth anniversary and grateful for every opportunity to serve the community we live in. Today, our products are used in foodservice applications and are available in specialty supermarkets as well as online at AngkorFood.com.
10 Dishes in the CNN article using lemongrass:
- Samlor korkor: Khmer gumbo
- Nom banh chok: Khmer noodles
- Amok: Fish custard
- Kari sach moan: Chicken red curry
- Prahok ktis: Creamy prahok dip
- Sngor chruak sach trei: Sour fish soup
- Kari saraman: Beef saraman curry
- Plea sach ko: Lime-marinated beef salad
- Samlor m’chu kroeung sach ko: Lemongrass beef sour soup
- Somlor proher: Fragrant vegetable soup