April 6, 2020
Mango Salad with Prawns (Ngom Swai)
Green mango and shrimp tossed with Chrouk Metae and Thai basil; a mouthwatering salad for a hot summer day.
Author: Channy Laux
- Prepare Dressing: Combine Chrouk Metae, fish sauce and palm sugar, mix well and set aside.
- Saute Shrimp: Saute shrimp with shell-on in 1 teaspoon of oil and a dash of salt. Peel, slice lengthwise and devein. Chill for at least an hour.
- Mango: Peel, grate and chill for at least an hour.
- Toss just before serving: Reserve some shrimp for garnish, place all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 247mg | Sodium: 907mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 888IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 2mg
- Substitute Thnot Sugar with granulated sugar
- Substitute green mango with Granny Smith Apple
Serving Suggestions:Garnish with dried shrimp and fresh whole chili
Serve with deep-fried crispy rice squares