We are looking for a Cook with passion to create new dishes for our guests and grow with us. You will be responsible for preparing awesome Cambodian dishes with a chance to become a lead cook. Duties include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation, and a willingness to learn Cambodian culinary skills. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
- Prepare awesome Cambodian meals for our customers
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients
- Check food and ingredients for freshness
- Arrange and garnish dishes
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit
- Ensure that the kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned
- Wow our guests with amazing dishes
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Culinary school 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to learn new culinary skills
Location: San Jose, California
Part-Time progressing to Full-Time: $18 – $20 per hour
Send resume to email@example.com or call (408) 809-1639