Lemongrass Chicken Pizza
Favorite flavors unite in this wonderful asian fusion pizza; better make 2 😉
- Stand Mixer, rolling pin and pizza pan
- 1/2 batch Lemongrass Chicken Topping
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water 100ºF-110ºF
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley or your favorite herbs minced
- 4 jalapeno deseeded and sliced
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Gruyere or Asiago cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- Make Dough a) Bloom Yeast dissolve sugar and water in mixer bowl. Sprinkle yeast into sugar water, cover and let bloom (yeast begins to foam) for 10 minutes. b) Mix Dough Add salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to yeast solution. With kneading hook in place, turn mixer on lowest setting, and gradually add flour. After flour is added, gradually increase speed of mixer to medium (KitchenAid power setting 4). When dough begins to peel away from the bowl, continue mixing 1 more minute.c) Knead Dough Oil mixer bowl. Knead the dough over a floured surface for about 2 minutes. Shape dough into a round ball. Return dough ball to mixer bowl, turning dough to coat all sides with oil.d) Let the Dough Rise Cover bowl with aluminum foil and place into the oven for 1.5 hours to allow it to rise. Use oven "bread proof" setting which keeps the temperature around 100ºF.
- Prepare the Toppinga) Prepare Lemongrass Chicken Toppingb) Caramelize Onion Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot add onions. Stir occasionally until onions turn golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.c) Mix Cheese Mix both cheeses well and set aside
- Prepare Crusta) Preheat Pizza Pan Once the dough is finish rising (about double in size). Preheat pizza pan in oven at 475ºF.b) Shape Crust Shape the dough while the oven is preheating. First punch it down, divide into halves and cover one of them while working on the other. On the floured surface roll it out into a circle shape, cover and let it rest for at least 5 minutes.c) Preparing the Pizza Pan Once the oven reaches 475ºF remove the pizza pan, oil it, sprinkle with of cornmeal, then place the round dough on the prepared pizza pan. Work with your fingers to shape dough to cover the pan.
- Add ToppingsOil the soft pizza dough evenly prior to adding any toppings. Use half of the topping for each pizza, in this order: tomato, parley, 3/4 of the cheese, caramelized onion, chicken, jalapeno, and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
This recipe uses half batch of Lemongrass Chicken Topping Yields two 14″ pizzas