Steak on a Stick
Grilled Cambodian style steak on sticks are a fun and tasty treat to share with friends and family.
- 40 6” bamboo skewers
- 3½ ounces Angkor Lemongrass Paste
- ½ tbsp Angkor Makrut Lime Leaf Flakes or 1 tbsp for fresh leaves
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, or Knorr liquid chicken flavor base
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1½ tsp Angkor Cambodian Seven Spice
- 2½ pounds tri tip slice ¼” thick, 1"x2” strips
- Soak the flat-end of bamboo skewers in a glass of warm water (to prevent burning while cooking).
- Mix all ingredients, except beef, in a large bowl. Add beef and mix well.
- Slide the meat onto skewers, ensuring skewer is not exposed between the pieces of meat.
- Grill over medium high heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
Serve with Freshly Pickled Vegetables, or papaya salad and your favorite cold beer. Tip: Skewered meat can be prepared ahead and frozen for future use.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg